WorldCare Second Opinions are a powerful tool for insurers seeking low-cost, high-value services.
- Differentiate your products: WorldCare's high-touch, high-quality, peace-of-mind service helps builds customer loyalty, and functions as a prospecting tool.
- Reduce healthcare costs: By reducing misdiagnoses and inappropriate treatments (often associated with high costs and patient morbidity), WorldCare Second Opinions decrease costs by helping to direct health care resources efficiently.
- Provide access to unparalleled quality: WorldCare’s close affiliation with top teaching and research hospitals allows you to provide your customers medical second opinions that reflect the state-of-the-art in modern medical practices.
Studies show Second Opinions reduce costs
Second opinions at the Elizabeth Wende Breast Clinic cancelled 73% of 1,053 surgeries for less invasive treatments, for a net savings of $984,000.1
Two insurers that provided extra information and promoted patient involvement for benign prostate disease saw invasive prostate surgery rates decline by more than 40%.2
At Johns Hopkins, second opinions biopsies canceled prostate surgery in 6 out of 535 cases, at a savings of almost $2 for every dollar spent on the second workup.3
Advancements in medicine are accelerating at a rate equal to approximately four times that of the last 25 years. With healthcare costs on the rise, and better informed healthcare consumers, insurers are under more pressure than ever to provide cost-effective, high quality coverage. WorldCare Second Opinions provide a unique opportunity to leverage medical expertise to maximize successful outcomes.
Contact us to find out more about adding WorldCare Second Opinions to your insurance offerings.
1. Diagnostic Imaging Online, January 10, 2002
2. The effect of a shared decision making program on rates of surgery for benign prostatic hyperplasia: pilot results. Medical Care 1995; 33(8).
3. Johns Hopkins Health Alerts http://www.johnshopkinshealthalerts.com