McLean Hospital takes on mental health
Finally, mental health illnesses have gained a huge spotlight over the last few years. At WorldCare, we have recognized the need for more services to address the rising occurrence of mental health illnesses and we developed a new, laser-focused mental health medical second opinion (MSO) service to address this need. One of the largest sources of mental health illnesses is trauma people encounter in life. WorldCare Consortium® MSO provider, McLean Hospital breaks down the leading cases of trauma and the impact it may have on your mental health.
McLean Hospital states that trauma affects patients in numerous way. Traumatic events that may have an impact on your mental health include:
- car crashes
- domestic abuse
- military combat
- violent crime
Though most people will successfully be able to move on and cope with traumatic life events, many will develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). According to the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs, PTSD affects a wide range of people, unlike what many believe, this condition does not solely select those who have served in the service. This mental health condition can arise in anyone. The following statistics come directly from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs:
- About 7 or 8 out of every 100 people (or 7-8% of the population) will have PTSD at some point in their lives
- About 8 million adults have PTSD during a given year, this is only a small portion of those who have gone through a trauma
- About 10 of every 100 women (or 10%) develop PTSD sometime in their lives compared with about 4 of every 100 men (or 4%)
The WorldCare team is dedicated to providing you with access to the top-specialists and sub-specialists in the U.S. to confirm your diagnosis and suggest optimal treatment strategies. Thanks to WorldCare Consortium® MSO provider McLean Hospital, we can provide you access to specialists who can confirm your diagnosis and provide you and your treating physician with guidance on optimal treatment plans going forward. The programs that Mclean Hospital has in place for PTSD include:
- individual and group therapy
- personalized treatment planning
- robust after-care recommendations
- proven behavioral therapies
- medication evaluation and management.
If you are a member and have been diagnosed with PTSD and would like a medical second opinion, contact us today.